On the move: Patrick Sullivan, Austin Brooks, William C. Sanders III and more
• HighPoint Holdings LLC said Patrick Sullivan has been named director of finance and administration while Austin Brooks has been named senior associate.
Sullivan joined HighPoint in 2010 and oversees the day-to-day operations of the company while managing all financial reporting.
Brooks previously served as executive director for the Gulf Coast Charity Celebration Association Inc. in Panama City, Fla. HighPoint is a real estate private equity firm that specializes in assisting the acquisition of Class A multifamily properties.
• EGS Commercial Real Estate Inc. has hired William C. Sanders III as a leasing and brokerage professional. Sanders relocated to Birmingham from Shreveport, La., where he was active in the commercial real estate market.
He specializes in industrial leasing, brokerage and investment sales.
• Johnson & Associates Realty, formerly known as Tom Murphy Realty, said Marie Romano has been promoted to vice president of the firm’s REO division.
Romano has been in real estate since 1982 and active in the bank-owned category for 15 years.
• Johnson & Associates Realty said Bill Waldrip has been promoted to vice president of residential sales.
Waldrip founded and managed Oxford Realty for 25 years and has been active in all phases of the real estate business.
• Samford University said longtime professor and former Alabama Gov. Albert P. Brewer received the Samford Medallion, becoming only the third recipient of the honor since it was created by the school’s board of trustees in 2006.
The medallion recognizes persons who have made a difference in society, in community affairs, in the life of the church and in the quality of life of individuals.
• Sirote & Permutt attorney Marcus M. Maples has been elected to the executive committee of the Alabama State Bar’s Young Lawyers Section.
The section conducts seminars and sponsors service projects designed to aid the public and assist in solving legal problems.
Maples’ practice consists of general business and commercial litigation matters.
• Springville’s Crawford Skinner Agency said it was again among a group of independent insurance agencies around the United States participating in the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America’s “Best Practices” Study Group. The IIABA and Reagan Consulting, an Atlanta-based management consulting firm, have teamed to study the country’s leading agencies each year since 1993.
The Crawford Skinner Agency has been offering insurance since 1944.
• Birmingham law firm Huie, Fernambucq & Stewart LLP said attorney and partner Tom Bazemore has been admitted to The Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel, an organization composed of recognized leaders in the legal community who have achieved professional distinction.
Mail announcements to On the Move, The Birmingham News, P.O. Box 2553, Birmingham, AL 35202, email text and JPEG photographs (150 KB minimum, with the file name including the person’s name) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 325-3282. You can also follow the instructions under “On the Move” at al.com/business/birmingham.